Tuesday, April 19, 2005

TONY STEWART: CASCAR & Canada mentions....

These quotes from Tony Stewart were included in a press conference transcript distributed by GM. Note the comments about the Canada Day Shootout and how he had a 'blast' racing against the other Cup guys at Cayuga... including Ken Schrader. Apparently, Tony has cooled down since he blamed Schrader for spinning him.

All kidding aside, it's nice to see someone like Stewart be so positive about CASCAR and Canadian racing.

(WHY DO YOU SEEM TO REALLY CONNECT WITH THE CANADIAN FANS? COULD IT BE YOUR UP FRONT AND HONEST ATTITUDE?) "Well, people don't have to guess about what's going on in my mind. I'm usually very open and honest about it. I'm very black and white about how I feel. I've always felt that if somebody asked me an honest question, I should be able to give them an honest answer. I shouldn't have to hold anything back. I know for a fact that's why we have a lot of the race fans that we do have because we get that comment from them a lot that they like that honesty. So, no matter what is done in the future with NASCAR saying what we can and can't do anymore, that's one thing that if it gets to the point where I can't say what I feel, that's probably the day I quit. I don't think we'll have to worry about that anytime soon."

(WOULD YOU LIKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO RACE IN CANADA - POSSIBLY IN A BUSCH RACE?) "Absolutely. We had a blast up there. Matt Kenseth, Dave Blaney, Kenny Schrader and myself ran a race up there and we had a great time. The fans were awesome up there and the competitors that we raced with in the CASCAR Series up there had a great time with us and were a lot of fun to be with. So, absolutely, I'd definitely look forward to that."

No comments:

Post a Comment