Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Shepherd to drive Roush #50 Truck at Memphis

Here is the press release from Roush Racing...

Roush Racing announced today that Canadian racecar driver Peter Shepherd will pilot the No. 50 Roush Racing Ford F-150 in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series O’Reilly 200 this weekend at Memphis Motorsports Park.

Shepherd was selected as one of the 25 finalists for Roush Racing’s Driver X competition in 2005, and was quick to impress. Following a stellar performance at Martinsville, Shepherd advanced to the second round of the competition at Darlington, where he continued to impress team owner Jack Roush.

“When I saw Peter’s performance at Martinsville, it reminded me so much of a young Mark Martin, someone who has the ability to learn and adapt very quickly,” said Roush. “He is the most talented 19-year old I’ve ever seen.”

Shepherd was signed to a driver development contract with Roush Racing following his outstanding showing in Driver X. In addition to racing the No. 50 truck this weekend, he will also race in selected ARCA events with the Roulo Brothers No. 39 entry. Shepherd currently races for Carl Edwards/ R.E. Technologies Racing in the USAC Silver Crown division.

“I’m really happy to head to Memphis to make my first start in the Craftsman Truck Series,” said Shepherd. I got to test at Richmond last week with Erik Darnell and Michel Jourdain, Jr. and I learned a lot there that will really help me this weekend. I’m thrilled to have this opportunity to drive for Jack Roush and everyone at Roush Racing, and I’ll look forward to making the most of it. We’ve got to make the race on time, so that puts some pressure on us but I’ve got a great crew behind me and I really feel good about our chances and I would love to represent any new sponsors that want to come on board.”

No comments:

Post a Comment