Friday, May 12, 2006

Kevin Lacroix to debut Star Mazda in Houston

Courtesy Richard Galarneau

Saint-Eustache, Quebec, May 10. – 17 year-old rising star Kevin Lacroix will start his maiden race next Saturday in the Star Mazda series, as part of the undercard of the Grand Prix of Houston. He will lead a three car-effort from Pennsylvania Johnny Walko Racing team (JWR) for the remainder of the calendar. The 2005 Formula BMW USA runner-up has completed four days of training at BeaveRun and Mid-Ohio in the last weeks and he says he is ready to step up to this very competitive ladder series. Lacroix claims he can catch up in the standings after missing the first race in Sebring.

”I had plenty of seat time in the last weeks, commented Lacroix. There were some Atlantic tests early, then I spent four days getting ready for the Star series with JWR and two days with Team Australia in the BMW series at Carolina. I’m happy to be with JWR because they always give me a quick car. I think we have a good chemistry between mister Walko, the crew and me and I hope we can have a great season.”

“I have 100 more horsepower this year and a lot more car to enjoy on the track. It took a few sessions to get use to the handling and the tires but now I feel I can hold my ground. We start with Houston, a street race, than Mid-Ohio where we tested. Then I will race my first oval in Milwaukee. But I long to race in Montreal where I won last year and Trois-Rivieres where I did not race so ever even if they gave me a special award two years ago!”

4 outings in Houston
Kevin Lacroix will take to the track four times this weekend. Two practice sessions will take place on Thursday at 12h15 and Friday at 11h30. The qualifying session will be held Saturday at Noon while the 45-minute race will get the green light at 2h15 PM.

Returning sponsorship
Named the Rising Star among kart drivers in 2004, Kevin Lacroix was a multiple kart champion and a 2005 Formula BMW USA Junior scholar where he finished second in the 14-round championship. Lacroix enters the Star Mazda 2006 series with JWR with the support of sponsors that have trusted him over the years: Uni-Select automotive network, SKF MotorSports, Raybestos, Tenneco, Pennzoil, Auto Parts Plus and Lacroix Tuning and Auto Parts. His web site can be visited at http://www.kevinlacroix.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment