Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Bourque stays busy


Fresh off his 13th-place finish in his ARCA debut at Winchester Speedway, Ottawa's Pierre Bourque sent us this note about his next few on-track outings. The web news guru will be driving a Whitlock Motorsports prepped-Dodge Charger in several CASCAR events this season.



By the way, Canadian news fans should watch Pierre's site - Bourque Newswatch - as he's posted a link to the Super Series preview release there.

From Pierre:

"I'm racing ARCA at Toledo this weekend ... practice & qualifying Saturday, race on Sunday. Then on Tuesday I'm in the official ARCA test at the Michigan International Speedway. Andy Hillenburg's sending up two cars for me, the first for the half-mile at Toledo, the second for the 2-mile speedway at Michigan.

I'm stoked for Toledo and anxious to capitalize on my 13th place finish at Winchester two weeks ago. I'm also looking forward to driving the 2-miler, will be the longest track I've driven in a stock car and I think the day I spent on the 1.5 mile Atlanta Motor Speedway will have been time well spent for me.

Andy spots for me in the races and during all other track activities. Since he's a former ARCA champ, and the owner of a top stock car racing school, I feel like I've got the best eyes possible working for me ! I'll also be thinking about my new CASCAR teammate Dave Whitlock and I hope he does really well in the CASCAR season-opener at Barrie on the weekend."



No comments:

Post a Comment