Friday, June 30, 2006

NASCAR's Brian France discusses bringing the Busch Series to Montreal


From a Q&A held yesterday (Thursday) at Dayont Int'l Speedway....

QUESTION: I know some NASCAR officials had some pretty pleasing talks in Montreal recently. I'm wondering your thoughts on expanding into Canada, if that's something you think will happen next year?

BRIAN FRANCE: I don't know that it will happen next year, but my hope is that we're going to figure out the Busch Series in Montreal. That's a great venue. We're having good success, as you know, down south. So my hope is that because we have a big fan base in Canada that is you've heard me say this before, but of course, less population percentage wise though, about the same amount of people follow NASCAR in Canada as they do in the U.S. So we would like to take a live event north of the border. That's the venue in our view to do that. And I hope, I don't know that it will be '07, but we are working with them and we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment