Sunday, July 16, 2006

PETER SHEPHERD quotes following his first NASCAR Truck Series outing, on Saturday night at Memphis

(Congratulations to Pete Shepherd on a solid start to his NASCAR career! 23rd place and no problems on a tough track... G.M.)

From Ford Racing:

PETER SHEPHERD: (#50 Headz Gamez Ford F-150 (Finished 23rd) - "As far as the green-flag racing, that was the longest race that I've ever run. I've just got to thank the guys so much for giving me a good truck. Griddly Headz came on board for this one race and I think we got a good finish for them. I've just got to thank the team and everybody here at Roush; they did an awesome job. They just did an awesome job. I'm just so happy to be able to finish my first race. I wasn't quite on the lead lap, but one lap down, and that's OK. We'll just get better as we go."

DO YOU FEEL LIKE YOU DID ENOUGH TONIGHT TO GET APPROVED FOR THE BIGGER TRACKS? "I think so. I didn't cause anything, so that's the main thing. I didn't cause any trouble, and as long as you don't cause any trouble it won't be a problem. I ran clean all day and I got out of the way when the faster trucks were coming. I did my job tonight and that's what I had to do. I'm happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment