Thursday, April 27, 2006

Paul Tracy American Crew/Sport Clips Racing Talladega Pre-Race Notes Paul Tracy on Talladega Superspeedway:


“I’m really looking forward to going to Talladega,” Paul said. “It’s one of those historic race tracks and my understanding is that it’s resemblant of Daytona and I had a lot of fun at Daytona in February. I love the draft and at Daytona I quickly made it into the Top 10 before I was spun. Even then, we were able to make up three laps and finish on the Lead Lap in 24th. Dave Fuge (crew chief) does a great job of preparing the cars and the team has always done a great job of supporting me, so we should be pretty good.” He continued, “I really want to thank American Crew and Sport Clips for giving me the opportunity to get back in the car again. We’ve been able to build some brand awareness for both these guys and Talladega will only contribute to the extensive coverage we’ve already received.”

Paul Tracy on Restrictor Plate Racing:
“It was something different for me to learn, but it has been fun. As Mike Wallace says, the draft is the great equalizer and it allows you to run from the back to the front pretty quick, but it also can send you from the front to the back as well. I talked a lot with Mike Wallace, who is one of the best plate racers around, before Daytona and it seems like you need to have patience and be in the right place; you really have to pay attention to who is going where and what line they are running. I can't wait to get back out there and start mixing it up and get back to the front like we did at Daytona.”

Paul Tracy on his experience at Daytona:
“At Daytona, I accomplished what I went there for,” said Tracy. “I ran from the back to the front and hopefully gained the respect of the other drivers. All I wanted to do was go down there and get some experience and learn everything I could about driving a stock car. I had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to Talladega this weekend.”

Paul Tracy on the ‘hanging out in the back’ philosophy:
“At Daytona and Talladega you always have guys whose philosophy is to hang out in the back and wait for the wrecks to happen. I've never hung out in the back in my entire career and I'm not going to start next week at Talladega. At Daytona, I missed a lot of wrecks by going to the front. You never saw Dale Earnhardt hang out in the back, so I’m not hanging out in the back,” he said.

Sponsors: American Crew & Sport Clips
American Crew continues to lead the way in the men’s grooming business. With a passionate commitment to men’s grooming, their purpose is to bring men into salons, provide them with a great new experience and show them new ways of incorporating style into their everyday lives. American Crew recognizes the growing number of men that are concerned with their appearance and who want to look their very best. This trend of image-conscious men spans all ages and backgrounds. American Crew has all of their grooming interests in mind. For more information on American Crew, please visit www.AmericanCrew.com.

Sport Clips, Inc. is a Georgetown, TX-based enterprise that currently has 330 stores in 28 states. Targeting men and boys, Sport Clips provides high-quality haircuts in a fun sports environment, complete with TVs at every Stylist’s station tuned to sports. Every Sport Clips has “guy smart” Stylists who focus on providing the highest level of service to every client. Sport Clips is the Official Haircutter of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), whose logo will be prominently featured on Tracy’s car. For a location near you or for franchise information, please visit: www.SportClips.com.

You can learn more about Paul Tracy by visiting www.paultracy.com.

From www.pmifirm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment