Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Antoine Bessette to test Daytona Prototype with Michael Shank Racing

Courtesy Service Presse

Montreal, Quebec, April 19. – Quebec racing driver Antoine Bessette will test a Lexus-Riley Daytona Prototype with Michael Shank Racing this Thursday at Virginia International Raceway while the teams get ready with a test day before the fifth round of the 2006 Grand Am Rolex series. The 24 year-old St-Bruno, Quebec driver is still considering every opportunity to drive this year and he could not pass on a chance to test such a sensational racing machine with a professional team like MSR.

“This is a wonderful occasion I just couldn’t let go, claims Bessette who raced to fourth place and two victories in the Toyota Atlantic Championship last years. I am thankful to Michael Shank for letting me drive one of his cars. Michael told me somebody had very good words about me and he was confident I would do well with such a powerful machine. I think there is a new trend in DP class now where younger drivers like Valiante, Dalziel, McDowell and Fogarty get the chance to show their skills. I hope I can get my chance to drive a DP on a few occasions this year.”

Michael Shank Racing
A former driver himself, Michael Shank enjoys a pretty good reputation as a team owner in Quebec for having raced in Toyota Atlantic championship on many occasions at circuit Gilles-Villeneuve or the Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières with drivers like Kenny Wilden or Sam Hornish Jr.

Still eyeing Champ Car
Antoine Bessette remains confident he will get his chance in Champ Car next year. “I want to stay fit this year and we will use every opportunity to drive, he adds. We’re still considering Atlantic and are preparing a package for 2007 in Champ Car. But this week, I will be focused on that MSR Lexus-Riley DR machine and give it all I have.”

A Gilles-Villeneuve award winner
Winners of two rounds last year in Montreal and Toronto with Team Polestar, Bessette was a Gilles-Villeneuve award winner from the Toyota Atlantic series for the driver who possesses extraordinary ability, has that special "star quality" and who has been distinguished through sportsmanship, dedication and perseverance in the face of disappointment" and Best Canadian Race Driver from the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame. Bessette admits there is a possibility to see him enter all three Canadian Atlantic Champ Car events.

You can visit Antoine Bessette’s web site at www.bessetteracing.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment