Friday, September 15, 2006

Bourque: Update from Loudon, NH


Canadian Pierre Bourque is in Loudon, NH for this weekend's NASCAR Busch East Series race at New Hampshire Int'l Speedway. The event is part of a busy weekend at NHIS, featuring the first race of the Chase for the Nextel Cup, as well as the Modified Tour.

Here is an update from Pierre at the track....

"We had a wet Thursday down here. We managed a dozen laps or so in a rain-shortened practice session yesterday around noon.

"I was 22nd quickest out of 46 cars entered before the skies opened up and the rains fell for the balance of the day. So our late-afternoon qualifying session was cancelled and NASCAR reverted to the rule book to line up the cars in the order of points in the championship.

"So I will start 17th tomorrow. The race is noon. 125 laps. I am totally pumped because it is the first time all season long that I am actually back at a NASCAR track that I've raced on before. It felt really good out there yesterday, I was barely warming up when I had to come in, so I feel we are well placed for the race."

- Pierre

No comments:

Post a Comment