Monday, March 7, 2005

BUSCH MEXICO: Monday morning musings...

Watched the Busch race from Mexico on the weekend. I really thought Ron Fellows was going to win it there for a while because the race felt like it was going to continue for 24 hours and 'our Ronnie' is the master of endurance races.

Unfortunately, however, Ron had a target on his back and his race looked more like a game of "Pinball the Canuck" than a car race. I hope they cut the distance of that race down next year because I think it ran about an hour-and-a-half longer than it was supposed to.

And don't you just love it when you see a Canadian sponsor involved in the sport... outside of Canada? I know it's a Mexican division of the head operation, but my jaw dropped when polesitter and race leader Jorge Goeters drove into the pits (too slowly) to reveal sponsorship from SCOTIABANK!!! Talk about frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment