Thursday, February 10, 2005

STOCKS: Edmonton Int'l Raceway now NASCAR-sanctioned

WETASKIWIN, AB - I just had a discussion with Western contributor Robert K. Rooney, who noted that he recently spoke with Ron Thiering of Edmonton Int'l Raceway.



Rooney was told that EIR had recently signed on as a NASCAR-sanctioned track, to be part of the Dodge Weekly Racing Series. I just visited the Edmonton Int'l Raceway website... and sure enough, they are.



I guess I'll have to check to see which Canadian tracks are joining / leaving the NASCAR fold in '05. Last I heard, Delaware was scaling things back to just the Late Models, while rumours have St-Eustache quitting the sanction after just one year.



If anyone has clarification on this topic, I'd love to hear it. Robert is promising to send me a short note on this shortly and we'll have a complete story in the next issue of Inside Track.



- Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment